#SiningBayanihan: Quintessence

“All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, #TheLittlePrince 👑👦🌹🦊🌠

Childhood is one of the best memories I have. When life gets hard, reminiscing childhood things is one of my escape such as watching cartoons, animated movies, singing along Disney musicals, playing UNO cards, and even catching up with childhood friends. Last year, my big sister had a baby, my first niece. She's such a bundle of joy, and just lightens up everyone's mood. As a certified tito, I learned new nursery rhymes which we play in the TV when she's playing. Having a child around reminds us how it's like to be feel young again.

Remembering my childhood days here at the same house we still live in, so many things have changed but deep inside I still feel like a boy at home. I'm very childish and even in my art, if you notice, is very much inspired by kid's illustrated books. I don't have proper art studies so my anatomy is out of proportions. I love to draw things that makes me happy, colorful, and exciting. And that's basically how I define my style.


In my last year in high school, our English teacher introduced us to this wonderful piece of literature, and has become my all time favorite book, the Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. It's about a child prince who lives in a little planet and travels different planets until he reaches earth. He meets different grown-ups and important characters like the pilot (the narrator), and a fox, whom he tames and teaches him a very valuable lesson:
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”

So for today's challenge, with the theme "Kabataan" or Youth, I created a fan art of the book and film. The animated digital illustration is entitled "Quintessence." Check out the timelapse of the creation process here:



"Quintessence", Animated Digital Illustration
Like and subscribe my Youtube Channel here
Like my Facebook page: CSZ Doodle Art here.

- - -

Like my work? You appreciation is much appreciated!
Follow, like and subscribe my accounts for updates.
Instagram: @cedzabala
Twitter: @cedzabala
Youtube: Cedrick Zabala
Deviant Art: @resurrect97
Pinterest: Ced Zabala
Blog Folio: csz97.blogspot.com
- - -

Music: "Somewhere Only We Know by Keane" (Lily Allen Version)
Violin Cover by Alison Sparrow / Piano cover by Piano Nest
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRJh5l8xZ7Q
Patreon page at: https://www.patreon.com/alisonviolinist
PianoNest: http://bit.ly/20bEfJP

0 comments:

Post a Comment