#SiningBayanihan: Imagino

"I imagine, therefore I belong and am free."
- Lawrence Durrell

It's been weeks since the crisis started and many of us feels so trapped inside our homes, not being able to go to school or work, travel, jog, shop, meet friends, or unwind in our favorite hangouts. We don't have the freedom and it seems like we're hostages by this pandemic. However, we should feel lucky that this crisis is not a natural calamity (like typhoon or earthquake), or a terroristic attack. There is a silver lining in every situation. We are only asked to stay inside our homes, not in evacuation centers or underground bunkers. This is our chance to spend time with our family, reconnect with friends, reflect with our spirituality, while others are asked to serve in the frontline.

I, myself, work as a frontliner, giving essential information to the public in the city's Task Force COVID-19 Risk Communication Team. But I am lucky that my work doesn't require me to leave my home everyday. I am very busy with my work, but I am just as anxious and stressed as everyone. We deal with people asking sorts of questions, demanding so much from the government, and served as shock-absorbers both from the public and the administrators.

For me, the #SiningBayanihan Art Challenge is a need for me, that's why I do my best to come up with an artwork when I get the time. As an artist, art creation is a therapy, a process of healing from the pressures of the real world. Here inside my mind, I have access to a world that is free. A world that has so many stories to tell, and the only limit is my imagination. This is my temporary distraction from the harsh reality, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I am able to translate a figment of a thought into art. It is a cathartic feeling to put it out there, without expectations of what it should look like because this is my own creation.

For today's theme, "Libertad" or Freedom, I want to show that process of creation. Titled "Imagino" which translates as "I Imagine", it represents how I feel when I'm in the zone in making art pieces like this one. It's a moment of being immersed with my own mind, the single most important tool as an artist. With it, we pour our soul to breathe life into a concept or idea. At first, I don't know how to start the art challenge, but just like our muscles, the brain should be constantly challenged and exercised to keep the creative juices flowing. I somehow kept a momentum in creating my illustrations and, somehow, I feel that my mental state is getting better each day I get to do this activity. I can't express more how important making art is for me.



"Imagino", Digital Illustration
Week 3, Day 3: "Libertad (Freedom)"

It's also my first time to record my digital process for this one. Watch the timelapse video here:


Ateneo Center for Culture and the Arts
#InspiringCreativity
#ElevatingArtistry

- - -

Like my work? You appreciation is much appreciated!
Follow, like and subscribe my accounts for updates.
Instagram: @cedzabala
Twitter: @cedzabala
Youtube: Cedrick Zabala
Deviant Art: @resurrect97
Pinterest: Ced Zabala
Blog Folio: csz97.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment