#SiningBayanihan: Episteme

"Education is only a ladder to gather fruit from the tree of knowledge, not the fruit itself" - Albert Einstein

April 26, 2020. It's a Sunday, and the streets are so quiet. It's the first week of the implementation of the Quarantine Pass which allows one person per household to go out and do essential chores every other day except Sundays. This is the first time ever that the city was on a stand still, and everyone is in their home with their family. Our business operations are also put into halt, and there's not much to do.

Being a workaholic, I just can't stand a day without doing something productive. And so, I decided to continue one of the previous days of the #SiningBayanihan Art Challenge which I didn't finish because I was busy that day and simply unmotivated. The theme was "Fuerza" or Power. I thought of a concept revolving around "Knowledge" which is one of the most powerful things a person could have.


"Episteme", an Animated Digital Illustration

I represented knowledge with an open book and from it a huge tree grew, branching upwards, full of flowers and fruit. The tree of knowledge is one of the key symbols in the bible which unlocked our consciousness on things good and evil. Indeed, there is power in knowing. I entitled the artwork as "Episteme" from the Latin translation of the word knowledge. It is the root word of "Epistemology", the study of knowledge. I created it using Illustrator for tracing and coloring, Photoshop for texturing and AfterEffects for animation.

Here's the timelapse of the creation process:




#SiningBayanihan Week 3, Day 2: Power
#CreateIsolate @stayhomestaypositive
Like my Facebook page: CSZ Doodle Art here.

- - -

Like my work? You appreciation is much appreciated!
Follow, like and subscribe my accounts for updates.
Instagram: @cedzabala
Twitter: @cedzabala
Youtube: Cedrick Zabala
Deviant Art: @resurrect97
Pinterest: Ced Zabala
Blog Folio: csz97.blogspot.com

- - -

Music: "Big Skies" by Really Slow Motion (Youtube)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1lTltY5
iTunes: http://bit.ly/1ee3l8K
Spotify: http://bit.ly/1r3lPvN
Bandcamp: http://bit.ly/1DqtZSo

0 comments:

Post a Comment