Day 23: Something You Need

30 day drawing challenge 19 illustration
What is a better feeling than sipping a cup of coffee first thing in the morning? Coffee is simply the best discovery of mankind. From a humble bean of coffee, humans created countless ways to prepare and drink coffee. I love to go to cafes when i was in college, because aside from the free wifi, i can focus in studying with a cup of coffee beside me. When travelling outside Zamboanga, one of my to-do's are visiting coffee shops specially Starbucks! I'm not really a coffee nerd, im already satisfied with 3-in-1 coffees. I don't know the different kinds of coffee aside from Espresso and my favorites Cappucino and Caramel Macchiato. Coffee is cup of heaven and it gives me the regeneration that I need to boost my day. It simply gives me happiness like how chocolate makes kids happy. Anyways, here are some interesting facts about coffee that I found around the internet:


  • According to many historians, coffee was first discovered by a herd of goats.
  • Coffee beans contains Caffeine to attract bees.
  • Only the state of Hawaii produces coffee commercially in the US..
  • Kopi Luwak is excreted by a Sumatran species of wild cats. This refers to the most expensive coffee in the whole world. In Philippines, it is known as Civet Coffee.
  • George C Washington, an English chemist (not the US President) invented instant coffee in Guatemala in 1906. The product was commercially launched in 1909.
  • The word comes from the resemblance of the drink to the clothing of the Capuchin monks.
  • In Italian, the word espresso literally means "when something is forced out.
Finally, here's an infographic showing the different ways to prepare coffee:


0 comments:

Post a Comment