Day 22: Something You Miss

30 day drawing challenge 19 illustration
"Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build from the past, which can bridge to the future."
- Mattie Stepanek

In life, people and things come and go. We always grow and move forward but we won't forget things that touched us and changed us a person. There are things in the past that may have been gone now but they will always have a special place in our hearts. Whenever we remember them, we have this feeling, a mixture of sadness and comfort. It transports you back in time, reminiscing that feeling of happiness. Humans love that feeling of nostalgia, that's why we keep old stuff, a memorabilia of the past. Some call them ancient or antique, but the memories they have will always be as fresh as if it
happened yesterday. So for today's drawing challenge, i have to make a drawing of something that i miss. Last night, i was cleaning my other blog where i posted my works, from digital art, to photography, to my recent video productions. As i was reading my old posts, i remembered the years when i
started working. I really miss doing all the creative stuff we did as a team, especially the photo shoots with various themes and concepts. As a multimedia artist, I was mainly doing the post-production or editing of the final output. I also directed prenup and pre-debut videos and produced some hell of a video. We didn't have high tech equipments but we invested in our resourcefulness and creativity. As an artist, I have a thing with art direction and production design. I was very hands on in conceptualizing a shoot, from the wardrobe, to set design, to the music that will be used in the output. Some of my favorite works are the Nautical Postcards, Hollywood Posters, Vintage/Retro, Retro-Pop, and even the Butterfly-inspired prenup. Doing these works give me a sense of fulfillment especially when the couple themselves give us a positive feedback.

Going back to the drawing, I made a digital art of a vintage Pentax camera that is owned by one of our clients. We went to Isabela, Basilan to shoot a Medieval themed prenup and while waiting for the couple in their house, they showed us this precious. I really want to keep it. Instead, i just took photos of me with it. hehe. :D This image represents my old work, directing, styling and editing photos. The vintage-ness of the camera represent the different concepts and themes that we love to incorporate in our works. Nowadays, there are many professional photographers out there who i look up to. I really miss doing these stuff but life has to move on. I have to explore the world and learn more.


0 comments:

Post a Comment