Day 12: Most Recent Accomplishment

30 day drawing challenge 11 illustration
It was during my birthday last year that i decided to start this digital art series. But when I reached the 12th day, i was stuck. I have no idea what to draw for my "most recent accomplishment" because I wasn't that productive that time. I sort of had a reflection because of this challenge. During that time, i was in a transitional period in my life and I realized that I have to do more with my talent.

I decided to apply for a position as an instructor in Ateneo and fortunately I got in. I was assigned to teach Sound Supervision and Digital Cinematography for the BSIT seniors and Digital Multimedia for Comm Juniors. It was my
first time as a professional teacher since I usually teach for workshops and seminars before. Being a teacher makes me realize how hard it is to prepare an hour-and-a-half or three-hour lecture for a course. Yet it is also rewarding to see my students who show interest in my subject and actually do good in their assignments, activites and projects.

The most memorable moment as a teacher is when I let my students experience professional production by producing a music video. With the help of my Trebor Z brothers, my students learned to use industry standard equipment for digital cinematography. The outcomes were really fantastic! These kids are really talented and creative that even my team were really impressed with what they came up.

On the other hand, there are also students who took their studies for granted and it's really sad to see them acquire low grades. I'm really considerate as a teacher but maybe next time i have to be more strict in terms of deadlines and grading standards. Anyways, I'm really happy that my senior students just graduated today. They were freshmen students during my senior years, and now they grew as matured artists who are ready to face real life. I have no doubt that they can all become professionals because of the quality education that they had during the college days. Well, actually it really depends on the student's attitude, talent, skill set and perseverance.

Aside from being a teacher, I also balance my freelance jobs as SDE editor and layout artist. Last February, I had the opportunity to go to Manila with the Trebor Z team and produced my first ever Manila wedding SDE. I was really anxious for the project but it came out really successful. After the wedding, we had a fun-filled adventure at Enchanted Kingdom. It was my first time there and it was a lot of fun!

I'm really looking forward for more projects and opportunities now that the semester has ended. I learned that I won't be teaching this summer since there are only a few subjects offered. But everything happens for a reason! God may have a better plan for me for the coming months :D All is well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment