Day 6: Favorite Book Character

I'm not a fan of books or novels. I find it boring reading lengthy text in black and white. In high school, book reports are my least favorite assignments because I end up sleeping after reading the first few chapters. So in this day of the 30 Day Drawing Challenge, I have to draw my favorite book character.

The first thing i had in my mind is Harry Potter or Robert Langdon of "Angels and Demons". But the challenge says "must not be a movie" so I have to think of another character. There are few fictional books that I have read in my entire life and most of them I read in high
school. So I thought of my book report in high school and I remembered "The Little Prince" which we discussed in our English class. It's my favorite coz it has drawings!

 "Le Petit Prince" or "The Little Prince" is novel written by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, a french writer, poet and aviator. The story revolves around the pilot who crashed in the Sahara desert in a life and death situation. He meets a little prince who lived in a tiny planet with a rose. The prince traveled the universe and on his adventure, he met different kinds of people who lived on different planets. The narrator and the Prince share a rewarding relationship on the desert, and when the Little Prince departs, the narrator misses his company. He writes the novel in memory of the Little Prince.

The book is mostly about man’s obsession with the wrong things, such as wealth, power, and technology. As said by the fox to Little Prince:
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment