Animahenasyon 2012 Poster

This is the winning poster that will be used as the campaign material for Animahenasyon 2012. The title of the poster is "Whimsical Dreams" designed by Pamela Reyes. Personally, it is one of my top picks and i'm satisfied that it won. The design is very cute and appealing to any type of audience. It's contemporary and very inspired by doodle-ish characters or those japanese cute characters. However I can still see the Filipino because of the salakot and the flag above its head.

I love the grainy texture, colors, depth and the mere layout. I just wish that the other characters look more Filipino. Their poses are not that dynamic and the swings remind me much of last year's poster. And my last critic is the typography. The text is very plain and mediocre. Good thing they changed it in the final design. Having said that, I'm still like it because it represents happiness, charm, festive, friendly, modern, and contemporary.

Anyways, I hope that this time I can make it to the competition. Next year's host is the School of Design and Arts of College of St. Benilde. It will be on November 26-29, 2012. Good luck to all animators out there and wishing the best for the Philippine Animation industry.

animahenasyon 2012 poster design animation council of the philippines doodle csz winner

0 comments:

Post a Comment