The Campaign Circus

Currently, I am the Layout Artist and Creative director of the Beacon Newsmagazine in Ateneo de Zamboanga University. Last week, we released the special issue on sanggu elections. Being a layout artist in beacon is my favorite job in my extra-curricular life. Layouting means presswork and presswork means food.haha. It is really fun to layout not only because of munching but the fact that everyone will be looking at your paper and appreciate another beacon work. I also have the creative freedom to choose whichever style i want to use.

In my one year as a layout artist, we never had an experience like what have happened to me during the presswork of this issue. I became a cartoonist!haha. One of our pages really needs an artwork or picture but he had no more time to spare. The EIC requested me to draw some illustration but i was kinda hestitant. It was already 12:30 and I have to go to my next class. Good thing there was no activity so I had time to try drawing. Back at the beacon office I showed my work and they laughed. I was embarrassed but I did not took it seriously. I really wasn't sure on what to feel. Buti na lang malakas ako mang-dedma. Anyways. here is my drawing titled Campaign Circus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment