Zoiceville

This is my tribute art for one of my favorite children's book writer Dr Seuss. He's a famous American writer, poet and cartoonist known for his works like "Cat in the Hat", "The Grinch", and "Horton hears a Who!" which were made into movies, too. My cousin has a full collection of his books and i remembered being fascinated by his quirky and imaginative world and characters. I doodled this about a year ago in my doodle book and decided to make it into a
digital art after watching the latest 3d animation film based on his book "The Lorax".

I came up with this title while i was searching up about his biography. "Zoice" is how he pronounces "Seuss". He himself noted that it rhymed with "voice" and Alexander Liang (his collaborator on the Dartmouth Jack-O-Lantern) wrote of him:

You’re wrong as the deuce
And you shouldn’t rejoice
If you’re calling him Seuss.
He pronounces it Soice (or Zoice)

Source: wiki

2 comments:

Monde Escudero said...

I really salute people who could doodle or even draw (n you're one of 'em now). Why? because I don't know how to....when I draw a human for example, it's drawn in sticks.. know the self-pity feeling?

Ced Zabala said...

hehe. that's ok, we have different intelligences and talents.hehe. thanks for the salutation.hehe ^_^ and for droppin by..

Post a Comment