Reefs


The last time I went snorkeling was a disappointment. It was just last month when we went to Sta. Cruz island. Our family and relatives in my father's side enjoyed a sunny saturday swimming and playing in the pink sands of the island. I am very excited to borrow some goggles and take a look at the coral reefs. To my dismay, I saw nothing but debris of a once beautiful garden of reefs. This is my third time to go to the island and i was more than 1o years ago when i first discovered the mystic beach. I was very young and i can hardly swim. My dad rented a snorkeling kit for me. When I first opened my eyes underwater (with goggles, of course^^), it was magical. The seabed was full of color and there are various kinds of fish wandering in the forest of corals. It's so beautiful. I don't want to go home but i had to. It took more than 10 years for me to come back to the island (because of safety reasons). Now, all those beautiful fishes and corals are gone. :( The last time i saw such beautiful underwater scenes was when i watched "Finding Nemo."

0 comments:

Post a Comment